Sunday, March 29, 2009

Killing Me Softly

We had monkeys for pets in the 30s, but sometimes they would kill a child by throwing rocks at them. A lot of times you'd hear of parents buying monkeys when they hated their child; once the monkey did its deed, they'd get traded for some fabric now that the mothers had more free time to quilt and there were other parents out there who wanted a dead kid.

Nobody suspected the monkeys were hitmen. Everyone just assumed it was the cool fad, having a monkey as a pet.

I think we do the same thing today with our watch boxes, or what the kids nowadays call tv's or td's I believe. Instead of the children actually dying, they just spend 18 years in a portalled coma until they don't have to care for them anymore. The National Karaoke contest show on td is basically today's version of your 1930s monkey.

Call me old fashioned and out of touch with the times, but I don't see the point in spending money on food to feed your kids if you're going to kill their soul. (Do you know what I had to do during the depression for a loaf of stale bread? I beat up homeless people.) Just buy a monkey and do everyone a favor.

1 comment:

  1. Call me old-fashioned, but I still think we should have monkeys as priests. I remember days upon days when my elders would take monkey drippings to the face as a sign of spiritual intervention, and then we would take the monkey home to bathe and dress them. Afterwards, we would feed the monkey risotto and receive each screech and punch to the face as enlightening. Now kids have no soul, and they replaced the monkey and the priest with hi-fi radio receptors and sugar-based lubricants.

    I really blame the demoralizing of the farm system on the Israelites taking the plows out of the monkey's hands, as well. Why, I remember trying like hell to harvest crops, but Poppa Proudleatherfoot always said, "Now, Faggot, dem plows's's for the monkey."

    ReplyDelete