Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Psycho Killlaaaah, Norman Bates

I wrote a song the other day in my sleep. It was awesome. I was rhyming and beatin and moving the tempo and skediddlin and skedattlin. The song was in my head when I woke up, and even though I knew it was musical genius, I took it to the shower with me only to forget it.

If everything was optional, I'd work as a dreamer who wakes up and has a studio in the next room. It would help if there was a device to record audio in dreams too. Why are we wasting money on feeding the hungry and not stepping it up with this sort of technology?

You know how there's those special, special kids who are like blind and are on breast milk their entire lives, but can play Beethoven after listening to the song once? I'm the guy who combines the RHCP, The Who, MGMT, and Willie Nelson, but then asks himself a thousand questions until he forgets it. Why am I tarded? Me want cake! Me want pie! Me stick hand out the window and catch big bee!!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'd be more successful if it were possible to record my dreams and thoughts, without the pressure of having to do it myself. I mean, isn't it a bit much to ask for me to think and remember? I mean, memory is over-rated as it is. Oooh, I remember my mom's birthday, or ooooh, I remember what PEMDAS stands for, or what happened 73 minutes ago.

    Fuck that. I'd much rather rock out on my own accord. As long as I didn't have to actually do anything. I think I'd be more successful if it were possible to record my dreams and thoughts, without the pressure of having to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete